Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Scared!

It started last thursday. I was alarmed because my urine was a lil bit reddish. i didnt mind it really. i didnt feel any pain or discomfort in releasin the extra water out of my body. Then the following Friday it scared me because there was a lot of blood in my urine. At first i thought the red color was caused by a lot of sodas i had been drinkin previuosly. Friday afternoon I started to have pain below my abdomen and burnin sensation at the tip of my penis. Then a thought struck me and i was scared to death - that my kidney had given up on me because of the meds(for allergies,  muscle relaxant, pain pill for my arthritis and damaged hip joints)  i have been takin. I thought my kidney was damaged by my meds and i knew  that if it  was damaged i wouldnt  live for long. I panicked and my thoughts raced back home. I even thought that i had to get home to Philippines before i would die to spend quality time with my loved ones for the remainin days of my life. huh! and I wanted to cry.

Anyway as  Friday progressed the pain also escalated and my urethra(for male it is the membranous tube that extends from the urinary bladder to the tip of the penis or simply the passageway of urine and semen) was burnin. i was beginnin to feel  discomfort while and after urinating and the amount of blood in my urine increased. I  was scared and became agitated. Add to that the commotions in our facility because there were 3 pairs of fist fightings caused by the new admitted residents. Wow! that Friday was really a bad one for me.
and i had to pull a double shift that day!

But luckily our resident doctor came on that day(Fiday). so i consulted him and i was soooooo relieved that i had only urethal infection instead of the damaged kidney. Not that urethral infection is any better but at least it wasnt that serious. i was to take  antibiotics(ciprodex 500 mg twice a day) for 7 days. Now sometimes there is stil some blood in my urine but not much anymore. Sometimes I still have pain down there but thank God im feelin better each day. 

Here's a toast to my complete recovery ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment